Success on the path toward your Life Insurance Career.
You begin by successfully completing our 40 hour, online 2-14 Life Insurance (including Annuities and Variable Contracts) Pre-Licensing Course. When you take our course you can work at your own pace on your own. Your instructor is available by email or in the online forums. Your 40 hours of credit are earned completely online. Once completed, you will have satisfied Florida’s Pre-Licensing course requirement in order to apply for your 2-14 license.
Five Steps on the Path:
- Purchase the Study Manual and successfully complete our online 40-hour 2-14 course: (2-14) Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent Pre-Licensing Course (INS025FL40). Click here to purchase the course. You must complete your application for your 2-14 license within four years of your course completion date.
- Apply for and receive the 2-14 license. Here’s how:
- Setup a MyProfile Account with the Florida Department of Financial Services (FLDFS).
- Once you complete your online course, OnLine Training will electronically report your completion to the FLDFS and email you a Certificate of Completion.
- You apply and pay fees to FLDFS.
- Get fingerprinted with an approved vendor.
- Schedule and pass your State Exam with PearsonVUE.
- Once all steps are completed satisfactorily, the FLDFS will email your approval.
- Go to your MyProfile account and print your license.
- Get hired as a licensed 2-14 Life Insurance Agent and start selling Life Insurance, Annuities & Variable Contracts.
To see a complete detailing of the above, go to the state website here.
You should also consider taking some professional development courses, to help make you look good to your employers, your customers and others who can impact your career.
Why is Professional Development Important?
Over the last few decades, we have seen a decrease in the number of people who finish school, start their first job, and remain there through retirement. Our marketplaces and business world are growing and changing at an ever more rapid pace. Today’s employees need to have expert knowledge of how to manage stressful situations. We need to be ready on the first day to make a difference and continue to improve our appearance and our ability to make a connection throughout our careers.