Success on the path toward your Life Insurance Career.
You begin by successfully completing our 40-hour, online 2-14 Life Insurance (including Annuities and Variable Contracts) Pre-Licensing Course. When you take our course, you can work at your own pace on your own. Your instructor is available by email or in the online forums. Your 40 hours of credit are earned completely online. Once completed, you will have satisfied Florida’s Pre-Licensing course requirement in order to apply for your 2-14 license.
Five Steps on the path to prepare for a career as a Life Insurance Agent
- Purchase the Study Manual and successfully complete our online 40-hour 2-14 course: (2-14) Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent Pre-Licensing Course (INS025FL40). Click here to purchase the course. You must complete your 2-14 license application within four years of your course completion date.
- Apply for and receive the 2-14 license. Here’s how:
- Set up a MyProfile Account with the Florida Department of Financial Services (FLDFS).
- Once you complete your online course, OnLine Training will electronically report your completion to the FLDFS and email you a Certificate of Completion.
- You apply and pay fees to FLDFS.
- Get fingerprinted with an approved vendor.
- Schedule and pass your State Exam with PearsonVUE.
- Once all steps are completed satisfactorily, the FLDFS will email your approval.
- Go to your MyProfile account and print your license.
- Get hired as a licensed 2-14 Life Insurance Agent and start selling Life Insurance, Annuities & Variable Contracts.
To complete the above details, go to the state website here.
It would help if you also considered taking professional development courses to help make you look good to your employers, customers, and others who can impact your career.
Why is Professional Development Important?
Over the last few decades, we have seen a decrease in the number of people who finish school, start their first job, and remain there through retirement. Our marketplaces and business world are growing and changing ever more rapidly. Today’s employees need to have expert knowledge of how to manage stressful situations. We need to be ready on the first day to make a difference and continue improving our appearance and ability to connect throughout our careers.